Thursday, August 5, 2010

How To Add Sky Digital To Another Room Or Bedroom

How to add sky digital to another room or a bedroom without having to pay extra subscription fees or having to run up and down the stairs changing channels.


Using my method youll be able to have digital upstairs and be able to change over the stations from upstairs.You wont however be able to watch different from your downstairs connection or be able to record unless your sure no one will turn it over on you from the other room as its all run from the same box and connection.Youll be amazed at just how easy it is to do.I know I was.And all it cost me was approx 50.00 pounds.At the most.


If you decide to follow my Instructions and step to step guide you should have as I have a crystal clear picture both up and down stairs on both Televsions,as well as be able to change the television over from either up or down stairs.


YOU MUST ALSO BE AWARE YOU ARE UNDERTAKING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AS IM NOT THERE FITTING IT FOR YOU


THIS IS LIKE ANY OTHER DIY IF IT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOURS LIKE IT DIDMINE MOST SUCCESSFULLY I HAVE TO ADD HENCE THATS WHY IM DOING THIS ITS ALL DOWN TO YOU.HENCE YOU ARE THEREFORE LIABLE FOR ANY BREAKAGES OR COSTS.THIS MUST BE UNDERSTOOD RIGHT FROM THE START.


I am doing this step to step guide as when I tried to find out info on the subject it took me hours and I had to go to various sites as not one covered the subject from start to finish as mine does.And in full detail.I will also tell you where you can get the bits from and a approx price so youll know what youll need before you start etc.It only took me an hour to fit to from start to finish.Might even take you less.


My digi box is pace and my house is old that is why ive had to do it the way I have you may have a easier way but I also have chicken wire running through my walls which caused a lot of interference.So this was easiest from me.Okay enough of the sell and boring stuff down to business.


Check All Your Connections


Check the back of your digibox there you should see two scart sockets,one goes into your television if you dont run a video as I dont your other one should be free,if not dont worry as a kitI will tell you about later on has a scart splitter in it you can use.Also check to see if the connection right next to your outside ariel is free if not youll also need a splitter for that,but usually they are free,as if your sky is run like mine through a scart this connection is of no use anyway.Nor do you need a ariel connection to the outdoors as all of the stations are usually on Sky Digital anyway.The two Connections you will need to use if you do it my way is the top scart connection on the digibox and the connection next to the outdoor ariel,do not touch anything at this point you dont need to.


NEXT


Youll need to go into your system set up on your Sky Digibox via your remote control unit and your television screen.All of mine are as Follows:Picture Format:- 4:3 Second location Picture Fromat - 4:3


Scart Control - ON Video Output - RGB Contrast - Medium


Search and scan Timeout - 5 Seconds On Screen Timeout - OFF


Message Alert - ON


My contrast is on Medium as I suffer less interference this way.Now you have checked all that out your ready to go and buy your bits.


SHOPPING LIST


Coaxial Cable -Required length( I used 15metres).- Wilkos15p mtere


Female Connectors(Usually sold in pacts od each I bought 2 pks)-Wilkos 1.20p per pack


Double connector splitter if required -(wilkos 1.20)


Extra Sky Remote Control(Origional one)-6.99p Ebay Buy It Now.Not Counting P

No comments:

Post a Comment