Monday, August 16, 2010

using paypall

I would like to warn sellers about paypall


Last year, I sold am item (160), received paypall payment, dispatched item and received ve feedback.


Luckily I had not left feedback at this stage.


Paypall then froze money in my account and sent an email asking details of postage etc..


The buyer had confirmed address and was verified and I dispatched by royal mail special delivery so had tracking details as proof buyer received item.


Even after all this, Paypall withdrew the money from my account, and I got nowhere trying to get it back either directly from buyer or from paypall or ebay -paypall said they did not receive my email regarding postage details within the required time scale (even though I qualified fot seller protection). I had replied and the email was eventually found during investigation by the Financial Ombudsman.


I got my money back and 50 compensation


Beware of paypall and only use if covered by seller protection ie buyer is verified with confirmed address. Send to confirmed address only and keep proof of dispatch.


If paypall freeze money, be sure to reply promptly and keep copies of emails


Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment