Monday, July 19, 2010

GU10 Bulbs, Halogen, Low Energy or LED Buyers Guide

GU10 Bulbs, Halogen, Low Energy or LED Buyers Guide

In my home I have a number of "spotlight" bulbs in the GU10 and MR16 types and due to soaring energy costs I have rersearched and tested a large number of GU10 energy saving bulbs or lower wattage standard halogen bulbs.


In this guide I will share my findings in the hope it helps you make the best choice without laying out a fortune on expensive bulbs that don't do what you want. If you find the information below useful then I would really appreciate it if you click "Yes" at the bottom so the guide remains highly visible to other Ebayers :-)


Standard Halogen Bulbs

There is no beating the light produced by the standard halogen bulbs but at 50watts per bulb it can be very expensive to run these, particularly if your light fitting has several 50w bulbs in it !!!


For a simple way to reduce your costs by 30% consider switching to the 35w halogen equivalents which are freely available form all decent hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment